Monday, April 27, 2009

Ventura County & Santa Barbara County


What can you say? I have surfed central California for 22 years. It is big and powerful up here, a little colder, a lot foggier, and there are some wicked point breaks in the San Francisco and San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties.


I also know every break in southern california, having lived there in the 1982-1987 time frame. My local breaks were El Porto, Marine and 19th Street in Manhattan Beach. I lived on Homer Street where Greg Noll buuilt his first commercial long boards. I met Dewey Weber, David Nuhiwha, and saw Mark Richards, Tommy Curren, Shaun Thompson and Joey Buran surf the waves back there.


I had surfed Rincon and Ventura in the summer winter of 1982, It was a really cool place to surf, probably my first point break.


Now

we hit surfer's Point in Ventura and surfed Pipes and

on the last night, we hit Campus Point for some smaller waves

No comments: