Monday, April 27, 2009

Petrilo quest 2009


Here is what popped up on my laptop, a clean looking 7'8" Petrillo Gyro


So fast forward 30 years, and I had sold this board. You've heard of "buyer's remorse", well I had "Sellers remorse". I never should have let that one go, I didn't need a 100 bucks, and off it went to Hawaii in 1972 with some guy named "Fish"


I asked a friend of mine, a local collector to look for a used one for me, I always wanted one in the rack. Almost once a quarter, he found one that was close or ugly or just beat to death.


This is an example of one, I would have considered for 300 bucks.


Out of the blue on April 20th, a Monday I googled "Petrillo Gyro" and here is what popped up for $550 bucks and it was still available in Santa Barbara where we were headed!.


The Stars aligned, I exchanged emails and we drove to Carpinteria for a3 night staty with the Trumans of Corralitos.

No comments: